Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pee Pee Surgery

E-man had his pee-pee surgery yesterday. We had to be at the hospital at 6:30am. He was taken back for surgery at 8am. He was fast asleep in my arms and unaware that anything was going to happen to him. Then the nurse came to get him and take him to the operating room. Putting my little boy on the gurney and seeing him being wheeled away was heartbreaking. I knew the surgery itself was very minor but the thought of him having to be put to sleep made me cry. The surgery took about and hour and a half. Then they came and got me and took me back to his room. He was wheeled back to me a few minutes later. He came back crying so hard that he was snubbing. His eyes were swollen and red and puffy. I felt so bad for my little guy. He was hungry and he wanted to nurse but since he was just coming out of the anesthesia his coordination wasn't completely back yet. He could suck but could not figure out what to do next. It was making him cry even harder. Anyway he eventually got it and calmed down. I took him home about an hour later. He was a very sleepy boy for the rest of the day. Other than that he is doing great. His bandage fell of today but since he is still a little swollen it is hard for me to see his stitches. He is such a little trooper. He is always good for a smile no matter what he has been through. I love him so much! He really is the best thing that ever happened to me.

No comments: