Thursday, November 4, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes...

I swear, I could write a book about the things that my kids say and do...

Today, I picked Ethan up from therapy and his therapist said that she had a really funny story to tell me. She had Ethan in the sensory room and she had attached clothes pins to a baby doll to work on Ethan's fine motor. After doing that for a little while she picked up the baby doll and started to feed the baby a bottle. Ethan looked at the therapist, looked at the baby and then snatched the baby out of the therapists hand, gave her a dirty look, lifted up his shirt and started to "breastfeed" his baby! Yep, that's my boy!

The other day, my daughter Emma informed me that I scared the "creep" out of her.

My son Dax is an excellent reader which isn't always a good thing. My wonderful husband had a funny picture of a penguin on his computer and the headline under it said F*** it. Today, I was finding a recipe for cookies to make with the kids. Well Dax came up behind me as I was turning the computer on and said F*** it. I looked at him and before I could tell him that it was a bad word, my daughter pipes up with "what's F*** it mean?" Lets just say that the picture is no longer there!

Emma was playing with Alex getting really close to his face when he leaned forward and started sucking on her cheek. She pipes up with "Alex, why are you sucking on my cheek? Does my face look like a boob?"

My mother in law bought some kits for the kids to tye dye t-shirts with. I was telling the kids about them and Dax was very excited. He said "mommy, I can't wait to tye dye!" My daughter Emma was looking a little worried so I asked her what was wrong. She said "mommy, I do NOT want to tye dye." I asked why not and if she knew what it meant. She responded with a very serious "yes, jump out of the airplane with a parachute." I had to laugh about that one. "no Emma, that is sky dive, not tye dye!"

A few weeks ago, I was switching the laundry and Emma was helping me. Dax came in and said "mommy, what's a wedge? Before I could respond, Emma says "oh Dax. thats when yer underware gets stuck in yer pee pee and yer butt!" Dax blinked twice and said, "no EMMA thats a WEDGIE. I just wanted to know what a WEDGE was!"

Okay, I seriously could go on and on with these stories but its getting late and I have to go to bed. So I will post a few pictures instead.




No comments: