Tuesday, October 7, 2008

conversations with a 4 year old.....

ABUELA: Little miss Muffet sat on a Tuffett

DAX: What's a tuffet?

ABUELA: It is a seat. Eating her curds and whey.

DAX: What are curds and whey?

ABUELA: It is kind of like cottage cheese. Along came a spider.

DAX: Was it a friendly spider?

ABUELA: Oh just forget it!




DAX: What if someone kicks me while I am at school?

ME: Tell them that it is not nice and you won't be their friend if they keep kicking you.

DAX: What if they won't stop?

ME: Then tell your teacher.

DAX: Well what if she dosen't make them stop?

ME: Then kick them back

GRANDMA: Dax, you don't have to worry, Jesus and his angels are watching over you and they will protect you.

DAX: What will Jesus do if he see someone doing something bad?

GRANDMA: Well, he will still love them and protect them. All you have to do is tell Jesus you are sorry for being bad and not be bad anymore.

DAX: Mommy, what happens if someone kicks me at school?

ME: Okay Dax, we are done.




DAX: Mommy, How will Ethan recognize me when I put on my costume?

ME: Where did you get your vocabulary from?




Anyway, Last weekend we took the kids to the cider mill. The weather was perfect and the kids had a blast. Ethan was so good. He really enjoyed people watching. While we were there I saw a little girl who had Down syndrome. I wanted to talk to her parents but I couldn't gather enough courage. I don't know why I feel so scared to talk to them. I have a fear that they will get upset at me or that they will say something like, "My child does not have Down Syndrome" And give me a dirty look.. I know, silly right? I secretly hope that they will notice Ethan and approach me. Here are a few pictures from this weekend.






This weekend is our first buddy walk and I can not wait. It should be a lot of fun. The weather is supposed to be 71 and sunny. I am excited for my family to see everything that goes on. We are having a FEDS meeting tommorrow to give us the details of the buddy walk. Which reminds me, I need a sweet snack for 50-60 people. Better get started!

No comments: