Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm spinning in 12 different directions

You know its going to be a bad day when you wake up and the first thing you smell is poop.

I walk into Ethan's room and he is covered in poop, his crib is covered in poop and his crib tent is covered in poop.

SIGH!!

I put Ethan in the tub, the baby starts screaming, my son Dax dropped a doll shoe in the toilet, the doorbell starts ringing, Emma starts to freak out because the baby is screaming.....

Welcome to my morning!

I finish the bath, change the baby, start feeding the baby.

The kids are thirsty...

(Good thing I got their drinks ready before I sat down.)

Now they are fighting over the color of cup that they want.

I tell them what color cup they are getting, I finish feeding the baby, Now where is Ethan?

He is sitting in a puddle, he spilled a cup of water, the kids start fighting over play food, Dax starts tatteling on Emma, Emma starts screaming, I am trying to clean up the puddle, the baby starts screaming again, Now Emma is yelling that she is "all done" in the bathroom. I need to go wipe her butt. I feel like crying.... The baby is still screaming.

Its now 11am and I am just now getting around to giving the kids breakfast. First they fight over what color chair they sit in. I take care of that problem. Now Dax starts crying because he dosen't want to sit newt to Emma, Emma starts crying because her feelings are hurt. I lose it and send them both to their rooms until they can get along.

Ethan dumps a bowl of cereal.

Now I REALLY feel like crying.

The kids come down, Dax starts crying about his color of bowl. I make a mental note to buy all of the same color bowls and cups....

I put in a load of laundry and load the dishwasher really quick. The kids are still in their pajamas, the baby is still screaming. I haven't showered or eaten. I have to go feed the baby again.

Its only 1130am and I am already exhausted.

But at the end of the day, when my kids look at me with those big sleepy eyes, I know it is all worth it.

No comments: