Friday, August 1, 2008

It's coming up on a year

It has been almost a year since I got the call that told me my son would have Down syndrome. I will remember that day for the rest of my life. I don't know why it is such a defining moment in my life. I guess at the time it was one of the most tramatic things that had happened to me. I fast forward to a year later and I feel so guilty at my reaction. I look into my sweet boys face and I can't believe I ever cried over him. He has helped me to learn and grow. Sure there are still days where I feel sorry for him. I just want him to be like everyone else. And then I look deep into his blue eyes and realize that he is just like everyone else. He will do everything that my other kids will do. It might take him longer but he will do them. Anyway, I can't help gushing over him. I just love him so much.

The other day, Ethan went to visit his friends Ayla and Evie. I met Ayla's mom Kadi at our first support group meeting. We were both pregnant and Kadi had Ayla four weeks before Ethan. I always tease that they are going to be boyfriend and girlfriend. Here are a few pictures of our day. I do want to add that Evie is going to be moving next week :( Ethan and Ayla are going to miss her.




No comments: